Want to know what professors are looking for when they grade your research paper or assignment? This page shows you the checklists that professors use when assessing your academic writing.
Checklists for Assessing Reasearch Papers and Assignments:
Presentation, quality of writing, and writing structure can be assessed with the following checklists.
Structure and Content - Does the research paper or assignment have:
- Introduction (interpretation of title; structure of the assignment indicated; areas to be included/excluded)
- Well-organized main body
- Logical progression of ideas
- Understanding of the topic
- Relevance of information
- Use of reading material
- Use of examples / evidence
- Critical analysis
- Good quantity and quality of background reading
- Clear Conclusion
Other Aspects - The research paper or assignment should also be checked for:
- Presentation of references
- Clarity of language style
- Overall presentation
Of course, students should also use these checklists to check their own academic writing before handing in their research papers or assignments.
Good luck with your assignment.