By: Writing Tips Today
Checklist for dissertations and theses: Before submitting your dissertation or thesis, you should check your work carefully for errors and omissions. This checklist tells you what to look for when you check your thesis or dissertation.
- Does the abstract reflect the structure of the dissertation or thesis?
- Does the abstract summarize the appropriate sections clearly and effectively?
- Does the introduction help the reader to understand how your research fits into a wider area of study?
- Does the introduction provide information about the aims and objectives of your research?
- Does the literature review demonstrate that you are familiar with the literature relevant to your study?
- Are citations arranged in a way that is appropriate to your topic?
- Does the discussion section consider the findings in relation to existing research?
- Do you state your position towards the findings by using explanations and applications?
- Are all conclusions drawn from the findings and supported by evidence?
- Are all appendices referred to in the text?
- Is the transition between sections and subsections managed smoothly?
- Is there sufficient but not excessive detail in each of the main sections?
Please check our site often. We frequently add new tips on writing papers!