By: Writing Tips Today
You need check your work carefully before submitting your dissertation or thesis. This checklist provides further information on you what to look for when you check your thesis or dissertation.
- Is the language clear and appropriate in style?
- Is unnecessary complexity avoided?
- Are unfamiliar terms defined?
- Are sentences connected smoothly?
- Do some sentences need to be combined or divided?
- Is vocabulary used accurately?
- Do subjects and verbs agree in person and number?
- Is your writing gramatically correct?
- Are illustrations such as tables, figures, or drawings clearly numbered, named, and referenced in the text?
- Are headings and sub-headings formatted properly?
- Is the reference list in a style approved by your department?
- Is each entry complete?
- Does each entry follow established conventions?
- Is punctuation used correctly within and at the end of sentences?
- Are capital letters uses when they are needed?
- Have you checked spelling?
Please check our site often. We frequently add new tips on writing papers!