By: Writing Tips Today
When submitting your term papers, you need to be aware of any term paper guidelines established by your professor or by your academic department.
Failure to follow term paper guidelines can result in your work receiving a lower mark than you normally might have received.
Here are some common guideliens to consider when submitting your term paper.
- Be sure to adhere to the word limit. Under-length or over-length assignments may be penalized.
- Use the appropriate citation system, such as MLA, APA, or Chicago style, when using sources in your writing.
- Check that the font is in the correct style and size.
- Normally all academic assignments should be double spaced, with each pargraph indented.
- Provide the word count at the end of final page of writing. Remember that your word count doesn’t include references or appendices.
- Remember to include a title page, which may need to state your student number.
- Normally the student name should not appear on any page of the writing. Your name only appears on the title sheet.
- Prepare the list of works cited or bibliography in keeping with the requirements of your professor.
- The pages of your term paper should be stapled or paper-clipped together.
- Plastic folders are not necessary, and if fact, they annoy many professors.
For specific guidelines, you should ask your professor prior to submitting your work.
Good luck with your term paper!