By: Terence Reed
Alright, nobody can actually ever guarantee that they will receive an A on the term paper, but of course, you can work hard and keep your fingers crossed. Here are 7 easy steps which you must follow so as to create a killer term paper and hope to receive an "A".
1. Know Your Topic - You need to make sure that you choose a topic that you are particularly interested in, or you would just lose interest in the middle of writing your term paper. Start by scribbling out a few words on paper which would help you get started on building your ideas. Your thesis statement would be formed from these words, so make sure that you write well.
2. Pick Your Citation Format - This would usually be chosen by your college professor, and it is best to follow his or her choice. Do not try to be too creative with your citation style. If you have to choose your citation style, then stick with APA or MLA.
3. Get Comfortable - Before you begin to write, try getting a bit comfy. Put on your most comfortable clothes and settle down in your favorite chair with your laptop and your favorite drink around. Coffee usually works great!
4. Research Time - You probably have a notepad which consists of carefully prepared notes, but if you don't, its about time that you start Google-ing your topic and figure out the information and references that you need to insert in your term paper or essay.
5. Organize Your Ideas - People have different approaches towards writing. Some form outlines and then write according to them, while others simply start writing on paper. No matter which approach you take, make sure that you organize it and follow a pattern that is sensible to you.
6. Prepare Your Rough Draft - After working for a few hours, you should have about 5 or 6 pages of text that is somewhat similar to the final outlook of your term paper, with a bit of scribbling, footnotes with links or reference to the sources you have used.
7. Revise and Organize Your Paper - This is the final step and you need to work hard on it. Organize your thoughts on your term paper, add vocabulary and finalize the content of your academic paper with proper use of grammar, correct spellings and a stream of thoughts that flow through your essay.
Sing all over your place, dance a bit, order your favorite food and celebrate because you are done with your term paper and all it took was 24 hours of labor!